Updated 6 March 2018
Chiltern Camerata would like to thank the following:
(Roll your mouse over the link words below to access these websites)
- Our Director of Music, Sam Laughton, who has introduced us to a widening repertoire of music and inspired the players to ever higher standards of performance.
- Mark Johnstone and the singers of the Camerata Consort
- Churches in the Chilterns area for providing us with venues for rehearsals and concerts
- Guest instrumentalists, singers and soloists.
- Simon Lambros, who directed the orchestra in its earlier years and provided original compositions for us to perform.
- Everyone who contributes to the smooth running of the orchestra: the committee, section leaders, librarians, ticket outlets etc. And special thanks to Judy Hunter for starting the orchestra in 1996.
Chiltern Camerata is a member and supporter of “Making Music” – formerly The National Federation of Music Societies.
Other useful information about amateur music in the region can be found at Amateur Orchestras.
Perfect Pitch Music Shop in Chesham, sells instruments, accessories, printed music and much more besides.
Strings of Penn, which offers instruments, accessories and sheet music for all the violin family, plus a selection of classical and steel-string guitars.
Rosehill Instruments a specialist shop which has been selling and repairing brass and woodwind instruments since 1967.
Design and printing from Advent Press
OTHER RECOMMENDED LOCAL ORGANISATIONS:
Wycombe Orpheus Male Voice Choir a local choir with over 60 members performing throughout the South Bucks region.
Wycombe Sound Radio Station a local radio station (available 106.6 FM, online, and via the Radioplayer App); of particular interest to Camerata followers may be the following programmes:
Classical Music: British Classics with Amanda Bolt – Sundays 6-8am, Sundays 1-3pm
Afternoons with Amanda: Arts: Thursdays 1-4pm