Updated 10 September 2021
Chiltern Camerata would like to thank the following:
(Roll your mouse over the link words below to access these websites)
- Simon Walton, our current conductor and Director of Music, who was appointed in February 2020.
- Mark Johnstone and the singers of the Camerata Consort
- Churches in the Chilterns area for providing us with venues for rehearsals and concerts
- Guest instrumentalists, singers and soloists.
- Sam Laughton, who during his inspirational ten year term as Director of Music introduced us to a widening repertoire of music and inspired the players to ever higher standards of performance.
- Simon Lambros, who directed the orchestra in its earlier years and provided original compositions for us to perform.
- Everyone who contributes to the smooth running of the orchestra: the committee, section leaders, librarians, ticket outlets etc. And special thanks to Judy Hunter for starting the orchestra in 1996.
Chiltern Camerata is a member and supporter of “Making Music” – formerly The National Federation of Music Societies.
Other useful information about amateur music in the region can be found at Amateur Orchestras.
Perfect Pitch Music Shop in Chesham, sells instruments, accessories, printed music and much more besides.
Strings of Penn, which offers instruments, accessories and sheet music for all the violin family, plus a selection of classical and steel-string guitars.
Rosehill Instruments a specialist shop which has been selling and repairing brass and woodwind instruments since 1967.
Design and printing from Advent Press
OTHER RECOMMENDED LOCAL ORGANISATIONS:
Members and friends can take advantage of special student rate when booking the forthcoming concert (Sunday 12th September 2021) by the English Sinfonia at the Elgiva Theatre in Chesham. You can book the concert for £6.50 (including booking fee) if you click on the ‘Student’ option, rather than the full price option using this link: https://elgiva.com/shows/english-sinfonia-string-awakening
Wycombe Orpheus Male Voice Choir a local choir with over 60 members performing throughout the South Bucks region.
Wycombe Sound Radio Station a local radio station (available 106.6 FM, online, and via the Radioplayer App); of particular interest to Camerata followers may be the following programmes:
Classical Music: British Classics with Amanda Bolt – Sundays 6-8am, Sundays 1-3pm
Afternoons with Amanda: Arts: Thursdays 1-4pm
The Great Orchestra Adventure : a campaign founded and led by Beatrice Edwards, a 22 year old girl who battled with cancer during her teenage years, who is now combining her past cancer experiences with her present passion and interest in orchestras, creating a campaign which aims to raise awareness of the Anthony Nolan and DKMS stem cell register within the orchestral industry.
The Public Campaign for the Arts was set up to urge a rescue package for the UK cultural sector following the impact of cancellations of performances and closures of theatres, concert halls and other entertainment venues in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. This link includes access to a map, where you can see how Arts venues near you have been affected, together with the opportunity to make a donation to the campaign or get involved with its wider work.